Skin Multi-Test Centre/Devices
Skin and Cosmetics
Skin is the widest and heaviest organ covering human body. The organ is divided into 3 layers of Epidermis, Dermis and Hypodermis.
The Epidermis is the most superficial layer of skin and is further divided into 4 cellular strata of Basal, Spinous, Granular and Corneum. Cells are made from the deepest layer - Basal - and step by step they grow and reach the most superficial layer - Epidermis.
The Dermis - the layer under the epidermis - is made up of fibres called 'Collagen' and 'Elastin'. These give the skin its elasticity and resistance; these fibres are in amorphous gel called Ground Substance and are made of Hyaluronic acid and other substances that are able to hold water and act as glue. In the dermis you can find the sweat glands.
The Hypodermis is the deepest and richest in fatty tissue, doing 2 functions of nutrients supplies for the body and thermo-regulatory (thermic isolation).
Generally, the skin functions are protective, secretory, thermo-regulatory, immune and sensory. It protects the underlying tissues (internal organs, muscles, joints, bones, etc) from different stimulations such as injuries, harmful agents, etc.
The passive permeability of the skin (due to its protective functions) allows the penetration of only few substances. Cosmetics, therefore, cannot penetrate the skin completely. There are other factors too, so, skin care starts with correct cleansing to allow perfect penetration of the active ingredients. There is, therefore, need to respect skin natural integrity while using skin cleansing solutions (or milk), make-up removers and other skin tonics. The skin should be cleansed without leaving residues and allowing the absorption of the active ingredients - contained in the cosmetic or cosmeceutic products. Formulas are developed that take care of hyper-sensitive skin or skin that have already become hyper-sensitive because of impure or allergic cosmetics.
Skin Type Determination
There are various devices and cameras for skin type determination for cosmetic/cosmeceutic consultation or cosmetic retail outlets and beauty centres.
- Dermascopes for skin and hair determination of sebum, moisture, pigmentation and elasticity, with built-in video monitor and the camera (Visio scope) to monitor skin and hair with parallel and cross polarized light.
- Multi-Skin Test Centre is a multi-functional device that is equipped with moisture, sebum, melanin and elasticity measurement probes and the visioscope camera; accessories and the software.
- Beauty Analyzer is an instrument for skin/hair determination of sebum, moisture and pigmentation (sun exposure determination).
Skin Care First Step; This is proper skin cleansing, to allow the active ingredients good skin penetration. We live surrounded by pollutants, chemicals, smogs, dirt, pollens, allergens, etc. Adequate skin cleansing is, therefore, a necessity; living in our present environment. Removal of impurities, sebum, skin secretions of different origin, etc, is so important. This is the pillar of beauty and health of the epidermis. A wrong move, choice of product, or cleansing can damage the hydro-lipid film (thin water and sebum film) that functions as a protective barrier for the skin. This will normally lead to skin insufficient water or dehydration.
Do You Know What You Apply On Your Skin?
Cosmetic products containing silicones, petrolatum, parabens, synthetic fragrances and colouring agents are not good because they leave residues on the skin and block the penetration of the ingredients in the products.
Do You Know INCI?
Understanding and practice of use of INCI allows you (the consumer) to always choose high quality cosmetic products that are free from silicones, synthetic fragrances, surfactants, parabens, petrolatum and colouring agents (SSS PPC, 6 rejects).
How to recognize cosmetic products with SSS PPC '6 rejects' above is from their texture (varying from oily to gummy textures).
Cosmetic products with (the above silicones) are deceptive and illusionary because the silicones make the texture of the product really good; smoothes the skin surface, making it silky and so easy to apply (because no foam creation). They do not deteriorate with heat, are hydrophobic and widely used in cosmetic industry for creams and make-up products. But stop! and careful. The effects are just temporary. They are not bio-degradable and do not nourish the skin or hair. Rather, they film them closing the epidermis and causing desquamation (to flake or peel off naturally in small pieces). There are different types of silicones such as Dimethylcone, Cyclomethicone and Dimethiconol. Substances with the names ending with the following suffixes: -one, -siloxane or -silanol contain silicones, and should be avoided and rejected. This is how to choose good products and recognize those with silicones.
INCI (International Nomenclature of Cosmetic Ingredients) was born in 1997 for consumer protection. A type of listing - the cosmetic ingredients list - expressed according to standard nomenclature. INCI allows you to easily identify harmful substances or allergens in cosmetics before purchase. This is covered under 5 golden rules (guidelines) in the use and choice of cosmetics.
Boost To Your Cosmetics/Beauty Business
Increases Sales Grow loyal, satisfied and repeat customers by offering very Special Services - at the point of sale - in the fields of cosmetic products Distribution, Retail and Consultation - Be A Trail Blazer!
- Do you really know what you apply on skin/hair?
- Do you know INCI?
- What are Cosmeceutics?
- What are the golden rules for use of cosmetics, so as not to abuse the skin?
- Do you have a tool to convince clients/users to always insist on transparency before buying cosmetic/beauty products?
Vosan Wellness Training Programs
Learn, Train or Train-To-Train (TTT) on:
- Use of special (or visioscope) camera images of the skin to analyze pores, spots, wrinkles, sebum and desquamation.
- Objective/professional recommendation of cosmetics and beauty products for individual needs of skin, hair and scalp.
- To be a professional beauty adviser with the aid of complete skin investigation software.
- Skin and Hair Type Analysis to recommend the best suitable (skin/hair/scalp) cosmetic care products.
- To enhance sun protection by knowing the current pigmentation level of skin versus the intensity of the sun (SPF - Sun Protection Factors - of cosmetic products).
- How to recommend a set of products starting from cleansing items; day and night care as well as additional care as needed- food supplements, skin, hair and scalp care; sunscreens, etc.
- To summarize the skin and hair care consulting and product recommendation.
All results of analysis (and recommendations) are saved and printed out for each customer.